The Rome Foundation has identified a lack of intermediate level programs for physicians and other allied HCPs, primarily early to mid-career, who are involved in Neurogastroenterology or are considering specializing in it. These clinicians and scientists do not have the level of support and guidance to participate in Rome Foundation activities that could facilitate their growth in this area and qualify them for Rome Foundation Fellow status. These are the individuals who have an interest in this field but lack networking, and mentoring capability. They also have no formal avenue to engage with others with similar interests and receive support. The Rome Foundation Partners Program (RFPP) aims to meet this need by identifying these future leaders and attract them further to the field of Neurogastroenterology, and involve them in Rome Foundation activities as Rome Foundation Partners (RFPs) at an early stage at local, regional, and/or global levels.
The Rome Foundation Partners Program will offer these clinicians the opportunity to work with the Rome Foundation through this program and meet annually at DDW with Rome Board Members, Rome Foundation Fellows and other key leaders in the field of NeuroGI. We have identified four directors who are rising leaders in DGBI who will coordinate the RFPP.
- Olga Aroniadis, MD- USA
- Imran Aziz, MD- UK
- Ignacio Hanna- Mexico
- Reuben Wong, MD- Singapore
The RFPP directors will work closely with the Rome Board of Directors RFPP Committee (Brian Lacy, MD, PhD, Douglas Drossman, MD, Ami Sperber, MD, MSPH, Johannah Ruddy, M.Ed.) to coordinate membership and program activities. The RFPP will engage in the following activities:
- Develop annual meeting of members beginning DDW 2024
- Develop activities to facilitate networking among members
- Develop research and educational programs for membership at DDW
- Coordinate online webinars
- Facilitate social media activities
- Create an internet forum for RFPs to exchange ideas, initiatives, requests for counseling or mentorship, and “ventilating.”
- Participate at the Rome Foundation reception at DDW
- Be considered early to be a Rome Foundation Visiting Scholar
- Be considered for other Rome activities including working teams and committees.
- Receive a 50% discount on RF products
For more information on how to become involved, contact Mauricio Rojas, MD at Mrojas@theromefoundation.org and indicate your interest in the program.